News:

YTTalk is tanking - join us here for a better experience !

Main Menu

Recent Posts

Welcome to YT Yak. Please login or sign up.

05 May, 2024, 06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Commentary on gameplays

Started by bonzillesgames, 19 Nov, 2022, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonzillesgames

I am thinking about trying to add commentary to my gameplays to see if it helps with getting more views.
The trouble is when I try I either get distracted that I die in stupid ways or I get engrossed in the game I realize that I haven't said a word in ages.
I have heard various things from people some say that it's best to record the commentary after you have done the gameplay as when you watch your footage back you can comment on something that you didn't notice when playing.

Any ideas ?
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSFjWYgRacih4HqjwGyvTVw/featured

JayZippo

QuoteI am thinking about trying to add commentary to my gameplays to see if it helps with getting more views.
The trouble is when I try I either get distracted that I die in stupid ways or I get engrossed in the game I realize that I haven't said a word in ages.
I have heard various things from people some say that it's best to record the commentary after you have done the gameplay as when you watch your footage back you can comment on something that you didn't notice when playing.

Any ideas ?

Well, I tried the commentary on already captured footage. For me, it did not work great and I ended up getting frustrated and re-recording things, etc.

So I just do it in real time, and I embrace my idiocy. I also like to just talk about what is going on in my real life. Obviously not super personal, but something like "the other day, I bought this real cool whatever and..."

I really hate scripted commentary, though its hard to find anymore. Be yourself, be goofy and don't be afraid to say something.

Jay Zippo Youtube - Midnight Hollow Paranormal - The World of Legon - Dungeons and Dragons - Fallout 4 and Tara Dikoff - Starfield with Deputy Ranger Deez Nuts
  • https://www.youtube.com/@jayzippo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk