Recent Posts

Welcome to YT Yak. Please login or sign up.

05 May, 2024, 10:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

YT Yak needs to expand membership or die.

Started by LandyVlad, 30 Sep, 2022, 02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

I got the following comment from someone elsewhere.

QuoteWell, after going over the site (and not trying to rain on your parade and just being honest) you seem to be trying to create a site based on a giant. However, the things you seem to want to show on your site are already on YT in various ways and many levels. You seem to want to rehash what is already on it.

There are already tons of vids on how to make them, how to edit them, the comments are full of what people think, etc. It seems as if you are trying to draw them away from YT. If so, that is not going to happen.

I've made a few vids on YT and found all of the info I needed there... You may need to find something different that it doesn't have

My response was:
QuoteThat IS pretty much the problem. There is a large reddit community so a forum can be sustained, but TWO forums - possibly not.

The idea is to replace an existing YouTube talk forum which was just was FULL of spammers so new members would disappear quickly. (and they wanted to sell it to me for $100K ROFLMAO)

If it fails it fails but I would really like it to succeed.

So - that's where we are at.

We need to expand our membership, or I may have to close the forum as a failed experiment.
I'd rather not do the latter but the hosting etc is coming out of my own pocket.

So PLEASE give some thought as to how we can attract new members.
(can't post about it in Reddit unfortunately)

PLEASE spread the word to anyone you know who is on YouTube.

I will create a YT Yak name (no channel/content but to be able to post comments in that name)

I note that @bonzillesgames you've also contributed a large number of posts in the last few weeks & months and I'll read and respond to those when I can. :)

Cheers everyone.

There are no rules in film-making. Only sins. And the cardinal sin is dullness.
– Frank Capra
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/LandRoverGunman/videos
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzynpslYxDAcwlye_YLO7Cg/videos

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk